Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Musings

When I was a mall shopper, a lunch hour shopper, a shopper of boredom, I never once set foot in a Dollar Store.  Yuck, I thought.  A dirty, unorganized place with a bunch of junk, not worth a dollar.  But not necessarily so!  I was shown the error of my ways by my daughter.  While there may be some dollar stores where not everything is $1, or where things are junky, dirty, unorganized, it is not the case with one particular store.  I LOVE shopping at Dollar Tree. 

The Dollar Trees in my area are clean, organized, and the people who work there have all seemed pretty friendly.  Not all merchandise is a bargain, but there are some really good buys.  One thing that is always a great buy are greeting cards (2/$1), gift wrap and bags, party decor, and holiday items.  You can also find bargains on toiletries, kitchen utensils, books, and some food items (expecially canned goods and spices).  You can find chipss, soda pop and I have even found Smart Ones frozen meals for $1. 

Not all things are great buys so be careful of some cleaners, craft items, and toys.  But you can get a dog collar for a buck, as well as dish towels and spatulas.  Always look before you buy.  A $1 package of baggies may not be a great buy if there are only 20 in the box.  Just as you would do in any grocery stores, read labels and packaging and you could just walk away with a great bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment