Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday again.........

I had a delightful day with two of my grandkids yesterday. But one thing that I seem to have forgotten is how much teenagers can eat. My frig was pretty much void of junk food which at 14, is the food of choice. So I decided to shop from my cupboard. And with the help of the kids, we spent time together, spent no additional money, and had plenty of goodies for those teenage bellies. I had a couple of boxes of instant pudding and milk, so that was made up in a jif. I always keep powdered milk on hand as well just in case I need milk for a recipe and have none on hand. We had the normal staples so Quest made a batch of snickerdoodles and Skylar made some brownies. We watched a movie that we owned and I popped some corn. I had deer steak in the freezer, instant potatoes in the cabinet and green beans frozen from last year's harvest, so we did have a nutritious dinner.

So try shopping from your cupboard. Many web sites offer free recipes where you can plug in the ingredients and a plethura of recipes are available. So lets see......frozen turkey......cornbread stuffing mix.....frozen corn......

Well, I guess I had better get to searching.....Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment