Wednesday, July 6, 2011

And what about those discounts?

The other day I was doing my shopping at Goodwill and when I checked out, the clerk asked me if I was a Senior.  After my poise was re-gained (who would recognize that I look old enough to be a senior?) I asked, why?  What is my discount?  How old is a senior?  So swallow that pride and reap benefits of up to 20% savings at restaurants and retail stores.  And the discounts are not just for seniors.  There are discounts out there for children, military, and sometimes even being a resident of a town where you buy.  Children often get discounted prices at movie theaters and restaurants and on certain days, can even eat free with an accompanying adult.  Military discounts are everywhere, particularly on patriotic holidays such as July 4 and Memorial Day.  And did you know that if you live in some resort towns, all you have to do is mention that you are a local resident and you are discounted?

Besides the Goodwill retail store, you will find discounts at Kohl's, McDonald's, IHOP, most movie chains, Ross, Red Robin.....and the list goes on.  To be sure, either call or visit the chain's website for more information.  Sometimes, as with Kohl's, there is a certain day of the week where the discounts apply.

In addition to these discounts, search on line for coupons.  For instance, yesterday I knew that I was going to need some craft supplies.  I pulled up the Hobby Lobby website, saw what was on sale and got a 40% off coupon.  I scored!  Last time I took my dogs to PetCo for grooming, a coupon for $10 printed when I paid.  I asked the cashier to apply it to my current bill and they did!  Just ask.  Remember, the worst that can happen is that they tell you no.

Happy savings..........

No comments:

Post a Comment