Sunday, January 8, 2012

Starting the New Year!

Welcome 2012!  I am so looking forward to starting a new year and putting the old one behind me.  Of course, I know that you all probably have a whole bunch of resolutions.  I know I do.  I resolve to declutter, reuse, and of course, that dreaded four letter word:  DIET.  So I am trying to keep track of my calories, and as I was going through my calorie book, I decided to look at some of my most favorite dining out dishes and see how they would fit into my plan.  Did you know that the Wisconsin Mac and Cheese from Noodles and Co has a whopping 1050 calories????  That is almost my entire calorie allotment.  And the filet of fish and large fries at McDonald's is almost the same!

Well, this got me to thinking about other things that we may overdo.  There are certain things that we wastefully use without even knowing it.  Did you know that a dryer sheet is excessive?  You can actually cut the sheet in half and it will control the static just as well in the dryer.  I keep a scissors on the wall above my dryer so I can cut up the sheets.  It also comes in handy when you have laundered that shirt for the last time.  You know, the one with the torn elbows, or frayed collar, or both.  I still cut off the buttons and save them.

There is also shampoo.  First of all, shampoo does not differ that much from one to another.  Its job is to clean your hair and scalp.  It is a waste to put your money into the expensive brands.  If you want to make your money count, buy a better, sometimes pricier conditioner.  And another trick....this is especially good if you have teenagers at home.  Your shampoo can be diluted as much as 50%.  Water just makes it suds up and teens seem to dump on alot of shampoo in the shower.   If they are going to dump on alot, let it be watered down.  They don't have to know.
If you've got some ideas,  let me know.  One thing about saving money...it doesn't cost anything to share ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment